<< by Alex Katzen on September 27th, 2013
Happy Friday and happy 15th birthday to Google. Without further ado, here are the big articles from this week in search, social media, and public relations.
- Encrypted search traffic had quite the dramatic month over month increase for this last reporting cycle. Here’s why: Google Confirms Quietly Moving To Make All Searches Secure, Except For Ad Clicks (Search Engine Land)
- Everyone is humming about Google’s new Hummingbird algorithm. Here are the FAQs: All About The New Google “Hummingbird” Algorithm (Search Engine Land)
- Hummingbird is all about more relevant search results for conversational queries. Check out this infographic to see how else people search: How People Search Online (Marketing Profs)
- Make sure you’re up to date with Google’s New ‘Author Rank’ (Vertical Response)
- Text messaging is considered a stronger marketing tool than social media platforms because texts bypass the newsfeed process; SMS May Be Fading, But Businesses Are Still Texting Customers (Read Write)
- Twitter for TV? Twitter Pitches Itself to TV Networks (WSJ)
- When it comes to measurement, Social Media Measurement holds marketers back (Vocus Blog)
- What Boosts a Web Page’s Search Rank in Google Infographic (Marketing Profs)
What was your week in marketing like? Feel free to comment below or tweet us @SearchMojo.