<< by Alex Katzen on September 6th, 2013
I’m a huge fan of Twitter. For some reason, a lot of my friends are very anti-Twitter. They remind me of the baby boomers who like to brag about not using Facebook. Sure, they’re not hooked to another social media site like many of us, but man, are they missing out! I see Twitter as a personalized television channel. You can pick your favorite shows to follow, and on top of that, each show is consolidated into one short sentence to carefully depict the main event. One word- powerhouse. And I haven’t even touched on the sharing side of Twitter…
Use Twitter like a pro:
- Follow the right people- Who Do Members of Congress Follow on Twitter? (New York Magazine)
- Use hashtags for promotion; “the fact that hashtags are so trackable makes them awfully appealing to brands;” #Brand #Hashtags #Will #Never #Die (DigiDay)
- And for goodness sake, make sure you don’t fall into the “Twitter Profile Picture Hall of Shame” (Marketing Profs)
- Most importantly, check out How to Use Twitter for Business and Marketing (Social Media Today)
- And from a personal perspective, You Are What You Tweet (The New Yorker)
What others think about #Twitter:
- Facebook is on the decline in Japan but The Japanese Love Twitter (Fast Colabs)
- Twitter is the most interesting opportunity when it comes to social TV because it has so much traction; “Social TV War Ends, Twitter Wins” (DigiDay)
- As Fashion Week Approaches, Runway Models Strut on Social Media and more models are using Twitter allowing followers a virtual front-row seat to high fashion shows (WSJ)
What are your thoughts on Twitter? Do you retweet, use hashtags, and check lists?
I’m off to peruse, or should I say skim my Twitter feed. Catch ya’ on the flip side.
Feel free to comment below or retweet us at @SearchMojo!