Archive for the ‘Search Engine Optimization’ Category
<< by Alex Katzen on October 18th, 2013
Here’s today’s Mojo Week in Marketing covering social media, SEO and PPC:
- Twitter is experimenting with allowing everyone the ability to direct message, regardless of a followback (Digital Trends)
- Now schedule tweets without using third-party tools – This just in: why news is Twitter’s next frontier (The Verge)
- Eric Enge laments the lack of clarity in how Google communicates about SEO tactics (Search Engine Land)
- But the good news is Matt Cutts has clarified Google’s position on guest posting (Search Engine Land)
- Here’s what you need to know about New Review Extensions in Google AdWords (Search Engine Land)
- The Gmail ads in the Promotions tabs are actually an extension of an ongoing beta called Gmail Sponsored Promotions: Understanding Gmail Sponsored Promotions (Marketing Land)
- Since Facebook’s EdgeRank is no longer around (are we sad about this?), here’s How To Optimize For Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm (Marketing Land)
Feel free to comment below or tweet us @SearchMojo! Have a great weekend!
<< by Matt Weltz on October 16th, 2013
Hummingbird is here! Run for the hills! The launch of Google’s newest algorithm update Hummingbird got me thinking about the way people search, and how it affects everything online businesses are trying to do. To better understand what Google is attempting to do, I set out to explore how changes in the way Google provides search results could affect businesses going forward.
<< by Kari Rippetoe on October 14th, 2013
Last week, the Fall 2013 marketing conference bonanza continued with MarketingProfs B2B Forum in Boston, where our own Sarah Wyland was live-blogging away some of the best sessions on B2B content marketing, lead generation, search marketing, and analytics. In case you missed the MPB2B conference last week (or just want to relive all the B2B marketing fun and frolics), here’s a roundup of all of Sarah’s posts.
<< by Alex Katzen on October 11th, 2013
It’s Friday and time for the Mojo Week in Marketing!
- Public Relations and SEO are the best when merged together; “How to apply PR strategies to improve your company’s SEO” (The Next Web)
- Is Google’s Hummingbird impacting consumer searches more than B2B searches? How Will Google Hummingbird Impact Links? Here are 6 Ways (Search Engine Land)
- Also, find out what marketers Need to Know About Google Hummingbird (Bikini Marketing)
- When creating websites, Flashy vs. Simple Websites: Does One Lead to Better SEO? (Search Engine Journal)
- Content marketing is valuable. Here’s how you can Prove Content Marketing ROI to Your CEO: 4 Values to Communicate (Content Marketing Institute)
- Find out What Google Hummingbird Means for Content Marketing (MarketingProfs)
- Here are the big Content Marketing Trends in 2013 (MarketingProfs)
- With all of the Google updates, find out what the Hummingbird update Means for PR Pros (Spin Sucks)
- 21 Benefits of Business Blogging and 22 Tips Infographic (Social Media Today)
- Is it the marketing funnel, or the buyer journey? Find out: The Artist Formerly Known As the Marketing Funnel (Marketing Land)
What are your thoughts on Google’s Hummingbird? Any articles we missed? Feel free to comment below!
And by the way, our own Sarah Wyland is soaking in all the B2B marketing she can handle at MarketingProfs B2B Forum this week! Here’s a funny poster she captured there:
Have a great weekend!