<< by on September 26th, 2013
Today I’m attending the Social Media Conference at the University of Virginia. Go Hoos!
The conference aims to address some of the challenges faced by faculty and staff at higher education institutions when it comes to social media.
Ron Secrist’s keynote on Social Media kicked off the conference, covering why social media matters, the trends, and where it’s all going. As the Senior Director of Mobile and Emerging Channels at Capital One, Ron knows social media. Here are his three goals for a successful social media plan:
- Set clear objectives
- Get to know your audience
- Start small and fail fast; ask for ratings and reviews
Social media has allowed individuals and businesses to express themselves digitally in a way that’s never been done before. Brands can take advantage of this by marketing to individuals in a whole new, more personalized way.
People are addicted to that instant gratification of knowing things; the statistics are proof:
- 1.5 Billion users on Facebook
- 3000 tweets are sent per second, Over 250 million per day
- LinkedIn grew its revenue by 94% over the last year
- Pinterest became the fastest site to reach 10 million unique users
- 78% of Facebook users access the platform on their mobile device
Direct and unfiltered feedback is the gift we are given with the emergence of social media. Brands can use this to improve their social media campaigns and to create that unique and special conversation that occurs in real time, at a fun event, like a party.
Ron also touched on the importance of understanding the social media trends to keep up with:
- Crowdsourcing/crowdfunding: Wisdom of the crowds
- Mobile: social on the Go!
- Feedback/service: customer service for the future
- Video: fun and useful
Ron Secrist is the Senior Director of Mobile and Emerging channels at Capital One. Feel free to tweet him @rsecristjr or comment below!