<< by on May 8th, 2013
Are you contributing guest posts to other blogs? It may seem counter-intuitive to write for other blogs other than your own, but there are actually huge benefits to be reaped from guest blogging, both for your company and yourself, such as:
- Reaching a larger target audience
- Attracting more leads for your company
- Building fruitful business relationships
- Gaining big SEO points
In this post, which is part one of a two-part series, I’m going to go into more detail about these benefits so you can see why taking your content outside of your own four virtual walls can deliver massive results for your business.
Reach a larger audience
This seems pretty self-explanatory, right? By guest blogging, you will create more awareness with people who are interested in the topics you’re writing about who may not have known about your company beforehand, on blogs that have a larger readership than your own. This, in turn, can…
Attract more leads
Guest blogging undoubtedly provides greater opportunity for lead generation, since the readers of the blog you’re contributing to may be looking to solve a particular problem – a problem you may be able to help them solve. It’s a win-win situation.
Relationships are everything. Contributing a guest post to another blog is a great way to establish new relationships with other bloggers in your niche. Not to mention, you could end up forming a partnership with the blogger for future business opportunities. The blogger might also be a great source to contribute a guest post on your own blog.
By guest blogging, you’re building a name for yourself as an expert on a particular topic – which means that people searching for that topic could stumble across your post. Sure, you could do this by posting on your own blog, but think about this:
- Guest posting on a blog with a larger readership and social media following increases the likelihood that your post will be shared socially – a crucial SEO indicator to Google that the content is relevant and of high quality.
- If you’re unaware of Authorship, this provides your authored content with greater exposure in Google search results by displaying your photo next to the search result for your post. This can be carried over to your guest blog posts on other sites as well (find out how here), which builds your credibility and increases the likelihood that your post will be clicked on. Here’s an example:
Have I convinced you to get out there and guest blog yet? Stay tuned for my next post about best practices for guest blogging. Feel free to tweet me at @alex_katzen or comment below!