<< by on October 19th, 2011
Philip Klien (BTBuckets) presented 2 main points during his presentation:
“Segmentation is Deadly Important”
Don’t just look at the bulk analytics numbers, analyze your data by segments, this will give you more relevant information to better target your audience.
Robert Ciadini’s 6 triggers can be used as new weapons to add to your conversion optimization arsenal as the 6 “Weapons of Influence”
- Scarcity: When we think a product is scarce, we want it more!
- Social Proof: We determine what is correct by finding out what other people think is correct.
- Authority: People will tend to obey authority figures, even if they are asked to perform objectionable acts.
- Reciprocity: We should try to repay in kind what another person has provided us.
- Commitment: If people commit, orally or in writing, to an idea or goal, they are more likely to honor that commitment because of establishing that idea or goal as being congruent with their self image. Even if the original incentive or motivation is removed after they have already agreed, they will continue to honor the agreement.
- Liking: People are easily persuaded by other people that they like.
Don’t be afraid to use these persuasive marketing techniques in your email marketing campaigns. they are the subtle, yet powerful and capable of transforming virtually any interaction.