<< by on June 28th, 2011
In case you’d been avoiding creating a Paper.li daily due to lack of editorial control, well, your problem is solved! Paper.li recently added features giving the creator the option to delete a story or to promote a story to the featured article. (and much more)
The Paper.li blog explains all of the updates, but some of my favorites include:
- filters for keywords to make your Paper.li even more targeted
- ability to combine Twitter users, Twitter lists, Twitter searches and hashtags into the daily
- ability to promote a story to the featured story
- editorial control – allowing you to remove an article completely
Currently these features are available to the publisher after the daily publishes. On the blog, a rep from Paper.li said they’re working on the features necessary to edit the content of the daily BEFORE the daily publishes.
Some other nuggets of info from the Paper.li blog.
- It seems like they’re working on an advertising platform for release this summer sometime.
- Limit for Twitter users is 10 dailies per account.
- Paper.li has also been recently optimized for smartphones.
Maybe for those of you who were at first hesitant of Paper.li these updates will make you more likely to give it a try. Do you use Paper.li dailies to curate content? Will you now give them a try?