<< by on December 11th, 2009
The Google Mobile Blog announced Wednesday that a new version of the Google Mobile App has been released. It was approved and is now available in the App Store. As always, the goal here is to make our lives just a little bit easier. Here’s what it’s got to offer…
- Redesigned to display more results at once; they also offer up a pretty lengthy list of suggested queries. Convenient for traditional searching, but even more convenient on your mobile.
- Opens web pages from results within the app, doesn’t send you to the browser
- Tweaked “Bells and Whistles” to make it easier to style your personal App in any shade; choices range from red to heliotrope (it’s a pinkish-purple).
- For newer, faster versions of the iPhone, try the live waveform setting, which turns on a moving waveform when you use voice search.
- Voice Search settings now offer spoken language or accent options. This will help improve accuracy and relevancy of the results you receive. (Mandarin and Japanese were announced as new options recently.
Have suggestions for updating Google Mobile? Visit Google’s Product Ideas for Google Mobile.