<< by on March 18th, 2009
This afternoon I watched a webinar entitled “7 Best Practices on Honest Seduction for Landing Pages” presented by Ion Interactive, an agency that specializes in post click marketing. The webinar consisted of Anna Telerico’s critique of multiple landing pages. After discussing the strengths and weaknesses of each of the pages, she concluded with the “7 Best Practices for Honest Seduction for Landing Pages”. They are as follows:
- Message Match - Make sure the message in your pay per click (ppc) ad matches the message of the landing page.
- Segmentation - By giving users 2 clear options to choose from you can better understand them and their needs. For example: Do you sell B2B? or Do you sell B2C? A user’s answer to this question may tell you which products to show them on the next page.
- Beyond the Site - Keep your landing pages separate from the rest of the site. Make sure they are specific to each campaign or ad group within your ppc account.
- Beyond the Page - Take your user beyond the first landing page. Drive them down a clear conversion path (This will help increase your overall conversions).
- A|B Testing - Always test, the results may surprise you.
- Great Brand – Make your landing pages look like your brand.
- Engagement - Be social. Anna Telerico often described the landing page as a handshake. Always embrace the opportunity to engage with your customers.
For more information on the 7 Best Practices on Honest Seduction for Landing Pages, check out Ion Interactive’s newest book Honest Seduction, a collection of blog posts.